Curriculum Vitae (September 2018): Joseph Thiebes CV 09-2018
- Doctor of Philosophy, Physical Chemistry. In progress, expected 2023
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry. Portland State University, June 2017
- Bachelor of Arts, double major in Physics and Liberal Studies. Portland State University, June 2017
- Associate of Science, Transfer Program. Portland Community College, May 2013
Using ultrafast laser spectroscopy to explore the relationship between microscopic structure and macroscopic properties of materials for photovoltaic energy conversion.
Specific areas of ongoing curiosity: materials for energy conversion or storage, heterogeneous catalysis, nanostructured materials, metal-organic frameworks, solid electrolytes, radio-voltaic materials, materials in aerospace applications, multi-functional materials.
Find examples of my work here:
- Google Scholar profile and research citations
- ResearchGate profile
- LinkedIn profile
- Science journalism at Portland State Vanguard
- Other creative activities including art and photography on Facebook
Past experience includes desktop publishing & graphic design, professional training, management, business analysis and consulting, network operations, and website development. I enjoy photography, digital art and design, cooking, science communication, and creative writing.