A friend visiting Portland asked where to go for the best pizza in town. What a question!
Everyone has different tastes and preferences when it comes to pizza, and there is something for everyone in Portland. For the busy traveler, however, digging through a list of 30 places on a blog is not much more helpful than looking it up in the yellow pages. Tempting the wrath of all Partisan Pizzeria Patrons of Portland, therefore, I will reduce the list to the three best options:
Top 3 Pizza Joints in Portland
These are not in order; they are all paragons of pizza perfection in their own ways.
- Ken's Artisan Pizza
- Brick-baked perfection
- No delivery, limited take-out. Dine-in is the way to go.
- Nice place, wine list, no reservations, smart casual.
- Expect a wait for seating.
- Flying Pie Pizzeria
- Fat pie loaded with toppings
- No delivery
- Take-out or dine-in, casual.
- Hammy's Pizza
- excellent thin pizza with fresh local ingredients
- Delivery & take-out only
- Open until 4am
- Also delivers Voodoo doughnuts & movie rentals
I hope this list helps anyone who recently moved to Portland or who might be visiting from afar. Enjoy!